There are many ways to get involved at GenEq! In addition to the below opportunities, don't forget to attend GenEq Events and to check out our Community Space! Join our newsletter listserv to get updates about internships, events and other GenEq-related opportunities!
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced students who are committed to issues of social justice and motivated to make social change within our communities to be a part of our internship program! Below is brief information about each position, please read through the full position descriptions before applying!
How & When To Apply
Applications open for Spring 2018 positions. Applications are due by Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 11:59pm.
You may submit your application two ways googleform or google doc. (links below):
Student Office Assistant
• Student Office Assistant [$14/hr 15hours/week]
The Gender Equity Resource Center is hiring a new Student Office Assistant (SOA). The SOA handles administrative tasks such as processing reimbursements, purchase orders, restocking supplies, the newsletter, and other appointed tasks. The SOA works closely with GenEq staff and interns. The SOA is compensated $14/hour and works approximately 15hr/week during the 9-5, M-F work week. We work around your class schedule, The SOA should possess those personal qualities that will aid in ensuring smooth office operations. These qualities should include organization, proactive attitude, attention to detail, mature judgment, sensitivity to others, reliability, and appreciation for a diverse student body. Given the nature of GenEq's purpose and aims, we highly encourage those that are aware of and sensitive to the discourses of the GenEq community to apply. Previous experience is not required since training will be provided; however, prior experience in related work is helpful.
We are always looking for students, staff and faculty who are willing to volunteer! Volunteering can include:
- Special Tasks: We need help with periodic tasks, such as button-making, preparing displays, and organizational tasks.
- Outreach Assistance: The students, faculty and staff who can benefit from GenEq's programs and services all over campus, and we need help to spread the word. This includes help posting flyers around campus, tabling on Sproul, making announcements about GenEq to classes and groups, and more.
- Event Day-of Support: Interns need help the day of events to make sure that everything goes smoothly, including decoration, transporting materials to the event venue, and staffing the sign-in table.
- Event Planning Collaboration & Support: Interns will also be looking for reliable volunteers who can collaborate and/or help with the event planning process - depending on the particular event.
The best was to learn about these opportunities is to join the Facebook group "Volunteers@GenEq" or join the GenEq Volunteers listserv which both receive the same information about our volunteer opportunities.
If you have questions, please contact Billy Curtis at email@example.com or stop by GenEq at 202 Cesar Chavez.
Keep your eye on the weekly GenEq Newsletter to hear about volunteer and internship opportunities at other organizations both on- and off-campus and join the GenEq Newsletter listserv. Also, check out our Get Connected page!