There are many ways to get involved at GenEq! In addition to the below opportunities, don't forget to attend GenEq Events and to check out our Community Space! Join our newsletter listserv to get updates about internships, events and other GenEq-related opportunities!
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced students who are committed to issues of social justice and motivated to make social change within our communities to be a part of our internship program! Below is brief information about each position, please read through the full position descriptions before applying!
How & When To Apply
- Applications open for Summer & Fall 2018 positions.
- Deadline by Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 11:59pm.
- You may submit your application two ways (links on right): Googleform| Googledoc
Positions Available (click each one to read job descriptions)
- Special Projects & Education Intern - $15/hr (position begins Fall 2018)
- LGBTQ+ Alumni Engagement & Fundraising Assistant - $15/hr (position begins Fall 2018)
- Marketing, Outreach & Volunteer Coordination Intern - $15/hr (positions begins Fall 2018)
- Program Assistant - $15/hr (positions available in Summer and Fall 2018)
- Videographer Intern - $18/hr (position begins May 29, 2018)
- Wonder Women Weekly Undergraduate Coordinators - $15/hr (positions available in summer and fall 2018)
- Wonder Women Weekly Graduate Coordinator - $22/hr (position begins May 29, 2018)
- Black LGBTQ/SGL Student Engagement Interns - $15/hr (2 positions, begin June 4, 2018) Joint with African American Student Development.
We are always looking for students, staff and faculty who are willing to volunteer! Volunteering can include:
- Special Tasks: We need help with periodic tasks, such as button-making, preparing displays, and organizational tasks.
- Outreach Assistance: The students, faculty and staff who can benefit from GenEq's programs and services all over campus, and we need help to spread the word. This includes help posting flyers around campus, tabling on Sproul, making announcements about GenEq to classes and groups, and more.
- Event Day-of Support: Interns need help the day of events to make sure that everything goes smoothly, including decoration, transporting materials to the event venue, and staffing the sign-in table.
- Event Planning Collaboration & Support: Interns will also be looking for reliable volunteers who can collaborate and/or help with the event planning process - depending on the particular event.
The best was to learn about these opportunities is to join the Facebook group "Volunteers@GenEq" or join the GenEq Volunteers listserv which both receive the same information about our volunteer opportunities.
If you have questions, please contact Billy Curtis at email@example.com or stop by GenEq at 202 Cesar Chavez.
Keep your eye on the weekly GenEq Newsletter to hear about volunteer and internship opportunities at other organizations both on- and off-campus and join the GenEq Newsletter listserv. Also, check out our Get Connected page!